Thursday, May 17, 2007

You lookin' at me?! Are you? Lookin' at me?

Part one of a day night double header folks, is in the books. Stellar pitching by the Sox. Tavarez pitched 7 innings, allowed 4 hits, 4 walks and 1 run- struck out 3. Not too shabby Batshit, not too shabby. Okajima came in for an inning and showed us that you really don't need to look to see if the ball is going where you want it. You can just see it in your minds eye and will it to go there. Whatever the hell that means- but seriously, his delivery ends up with him staring right at the ground. Whatever works for you dude, just keep doing what you're doing. Okajima is rocking! He's had 17 2/3 scoreless innings. 21 of his last 42 outs have been strike outs. And his split finger was insane today. You sir- have been a great addition to the team. You've earned yourself your own bar stool at Fugakyu!



The top of the 9th brought in Mr. PapelBonFire! Hi baby. I saw you lookin' at me. That's some stare in you got there. I bet that even gets Mirabelli hot. Yowza! I'll admit I was stuck in a meeting for the middle part of the game but I did get a chance to see the 8th and 9th. The Sox pitching retired the last 13 Tigers in a row! Paps had a blazing fastball today as well as a sick splitter and a slider that almost took Casey's elbow off.


Today's first game was all about pitching. Tonight's start goes to Schilling. Let's hope with him come some blazing bats and more of Manny's ponytail. Wicked cute!

No comments: