Thursday, May 24, 2007

...*sigh*


I feel like that guy right up there this morning. Too ashamed to even show my face. I've been bombarded with emails from a certain Yankmee fan. You- over there in White Plains- Kiss my...


Where to start. First off, no more watching games with El Guapo. He calls home runs for the other team! I blame at least two runs on him alone. The rest is on Curt. Holy Smokes! I mean, I wasn't serious Curt when I said, you were a washed up old bum who couldn't strike out my dead grandmother. But hell, now I'm thinking I wasn't being overly dramatic. Not that I ever get overly dramatic, not me. No way. In all seriousness though, what is wrong with you dude?? Curt blogged today, "A craptastic finish to what could have been a nice series." Craptastic indeed. Shiteous in fact.


Let's take a gander at the box scores to see how heinous his performance really was. Schill pitched six innings. Shocking. I thought for sure after the third they were going to pull him. I bet he begged Uncle Tito to let him stay in. Promised him he would stop trying to solicit funds for his various charities. Crossed his heart and hoped to die that he would stop spending so much time on Internet gaming sites and get out there and find the freaking strike zone! But I digress, over those six inning Schill allowed 12 hits and 6 runs. Two monster home runs! Not only that but the fielding behind him was like that in a Keystone Cop series.


What is truly telling in this whole debacle is the Yankmees had 16 hits. We had 12. They had 8 runs, we had 3. The age old Red Sox problem. Converting base hits into runs. Oh my- haven't seem much written on this problem. It is nothing: Eads, Jackie Mac, CHB, Lobel, Remy or the numerous other Boston sports writers haven't touched upon like, oohhh every frikken year. This year I thought I saw the tide turning. We were getting 2 out hits and even 2 out runs! The Yankmees shut that down right quick last night.


I have nothing further to say on this matter. No fancy links to funny sites. No quippy remarks. The game sucks. End of story. Lester please hurry!! Schilling just doesn't look right. He has no command. No spark in his fast ball. I pray to the gods of baseball. I beg of Uncle Tito. Do not let Schilling start against Clemens next weekend. Beckett- get your finger super glued and hike up your skirt! If you want to read what Curt has to say for himself go here.


Happy Memorial Weekend. This isn't just a weekend of BBQs and Harleys. This is a time to say thanks. Thank you to all the men and women that have given their lives for this country so proudly.

No comments: