Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Beckett, you friggin' stud you!

Holy hell, Beckett is a stud. 8-0 folks! 8 and freakin' 0. 7 innings, 7 strike outs. Do ya'll know that my lucky number is 7? 7 deadly sins, 7 dwarfs, 7 days of the week, 7 wonders of the world and in water polo each team plays with 7 players. I like the number 7. Especially when our starting pitcher can get through said inning with 7 strike outs and only 3 hits.





Everything is coming up roses and it's scaring the bejezus out of me. Pedroia has found time in between field trips to Drumlin Farm to hit over .300. Youklis has extended his hitting streak to 21 games. Beckett is freakin' 8-0 in case you haven't heard. Life is good in Red Sox Nation. I'm going to kick back an enjoy this.





It's total bullsh*t that Clemens isn't starting this weekend. I know, "it's like he's still in Spring training," they say. It's not because I would want to totally rip him to shreds on Saturday, it's because I want to see what he can actually do for the Albatross of NYC. Can he really save them? Is their season a wash out even before the All Star Ballots have been counted?

Well, this weekend brings another Yankmee/Sox Series and even though the are so far behind it still pains me to see them put any sort of hurtin' on the Sox. I'll be spending another gorgeous early summer afternoon hunkered down with Cuz Dimples, Wooderson and whoever else we can rally, in some dark Red Sox biased bar hoping and praying that they cut the sound on so we can play "Drinking with Chien Ming Wang?" Because really, when life is this good in Red Sox Nation, what more do you need?

No comments: