Wednesday, June 13, 2007

WARNING: Chick Post!!


I'm a chick. That's not new news. I'm a chick who likes the color pink, paints her toe nails and gets excited when the new Sephora catalog comes in the mail. I'm also a chick who loves sports. I live for the highlight clips of the hardest hits of the week in football. I thrive on the competition of a true rivalry. But I'm still a chick and after last nights game I find myself with a giggly, weak in the knees, googling for images crush on Papelbon. Our pal Fitzy over at Townienews.com has defined the feeling one gets when they see Papelbon jog out in the 9th with his jaw set to steel and his pitch set to 97 mph. With the game on the line as he sets down batter after batter for a clean three up three down inning. As his velocity rises from 94mph, to 96mph to top out at 98mph with each pitch. I find myself sitting up straighter, moving to the end of my seat, establishing this goofy wide grin on my face. And it hits me, Fitzy has defined it and I'm experiencing it. A Papelboner. We've all had one, it's ok to admit it. It's natural. It's a part of life. Embrace it.

You can take your Brad Pitt's and your Leonardo DiCaprio's. I'll take Papelbon. He's one hunk of man meat. Even El Guapo agrees. When Papelbon stares in from the mound, everything seems right with the world. He's a mans man. Born and raised in Baton Rouge on squirrel meat and buck shot. He shaved his head to resemble Vaughn in Major League. That's hot. He then asked Boston fans to vote through the Boston Herald on what his song should be on when he runs out of the bullpen. Of course, Wild Thing, won out. That's even hotter. And when he brushes the batter back with a 98mph two seam fast ball, my head reels with desire.

So when your sitting, watching the game and you see Papelbon come tearing out of the bull pen, jogging across the vivid green grass of the outfield to the jarring sounds of "Wild Thing"; embrace your newly defined Papelboner and hope it's one of many this season.


Wild thaaaaang...
You make my heart siinnggg.....
You make everything....
Come on wild thang....I think I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My vote for the Papelsong goes to Drowning Pool's "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor"!