Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Piss and Moan Part 1




I hate inter league play. Seriously, how long has Chipper Jones been playing baseball? The dude has to be subscribing to Dorian Grey Monthly. I understand the Atlanta Braves used to be the Boston Braves way back when, but they are not our rivals. No one cares. Selig? You hear me, Bud? NO ONE CARES. It was mildly entertaining to see the Sox sweep the Giants but it provided me about as much excitement as watching a Bruins game. The whole time I had my nose scrunched up like I was passing the Lowell Canals on draining day. The look of mild disgust, yet intrigue at what I was going to find under Barry Bonds ginormous crucifix earring.


After Schilling's shiteous start on Monday, he headed back to Boston for a MRI. Although he has not been totally on point this year, he is a veteran player who knows every damn hitter in the majors. There is no one that comes to the mound more mentally prepared than Schill. Too bad his body won't cooperate. The front office needs to jump and start making some choices here. I don't want to create panic here folks, but the Yankmees are gaining ground fast. Their lineup is unreal. Memo to Theo: start greasing some palms or get Bush to sign the stem cell research bill and start on cloning Beckett. And fast!


Beckett had another stellar outing last night. Even got a run scoring double. So hot. He got through 6 innings and then the trifecta of greatness took over for a total shut down of the offense. Snyder allowed 1 hit, Okajima 1 walk and Papelbon, my love, had a nice and quick 9th. I like these set up guys. They make Papelbon much more effective. I am a tad worried about the starting rotation being able to get to them effectively and efficiently all the way through until October.


So I guess this post wasn't all pissing and moaning. I've softened my outlook this year. At least for now- I guess I'm waiting for things to heat up before I start my panic posts.


Congrats to El Guapo and The Balt. They head off for their uncomming nuptials this weekend. I'll pick up the slack for now, but when I'm on vacation I except him to create Pulitzer worthy posts here. I'm trying to entice Cuz Dimples to begin posting on all things random. We'll see if I can convince her how theraputic this process is.

No comments: