Thursday, June 21, 2007

That's the Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia


Who doesn't love a game where the lead off man crushes the ball into the bleachers in the top of the first. I know, I know- my last post berated inter league play. However, last night seemed like batting practice. ESPN kept showing all the Sox fans in the stands. Love it. Take THAT HotLanta! We even got to see a nice flash of the leather from Papi at first- always entertaining.
After Drew's solo home run, Coco went yard with a three run homer. Wooooo weeeeee, I am coo coo for CoCo Cavelli. I think it's the braids. The crazy 'fro wasn't working for him. Hinske, Papi and Manny homered as well. 5 home runs, 5 doubles. Tavarez went 7 shut out innings. I am hanging up the batshit nickname and sticking with YoYo. He even got a double. YoYo allowed 3hits, struck out 4 and walked one. Great outing, YoYo. Keep it up!

Schilling got a cortisone shot and will be placed on the 15 day D.L. on Friday. Drew left last night's game with tightness in his quad. Further proof that we need some young blood in the ranks here folks. When you play 150 some odd games a year for 8-10 years no amount of training can keep you from starting to feel your age. Also sometimes you just don't want to be there according to YoYo. I feel ya Jools, sometimes I want to call it in too. But I make a fraction of what you make, so shut your snack shoot.


In other news, was Manny wearing pig tails last night? Was he really sportin' the handle bars? I'm still working on finding a picture.
Update: Found something better- a video of the handle bars. Ride em Youk!

No comments: